Seeing as it's festival season, I have made a guide for all you festival first timers and those who are unsure what to take. My first list is here, and now here below are my checklists for the toiletries and clothes you need to take.
1. Talcum powder - Never know when you might need a bit of talc.
2. Cotton wool - Depending on what products you use.
7. Baby wipes - Very essential if you want to remain slightly clean. Also very handy to clean all that mud off.
8. Soap - I usually avoid having a shower at festivals but I do like to wash my hands now and then.
9. Dry shampoo - I usually try to avoid using this but I take it just in case.
10. Make-up remover
11. Cleanser - The Clean & Clear cleanser I take is quite strong, usually too strong for every day use. However being unable to wash your face at a festival I find this cleanser perfect to use both morning and night to clean all that dirt and grime off.
This isn't essential at a festival but I do like to take a few bits.
Moisturiser, primer, foundation, concealer, lip balm, mascara and eyeliner. I try and take samples or small bottles to keep my luggage as light as possible. I also take tweezers and small nail scissors - You never know when you might need a tweeze or to cut a ripped nail!
Even though I take all that make up, most days I only use the moisturiser, concealer, Porefessional primer from Benefit and my trusty Lily Lolo foundation and keep my eyes bare. I just can't be bothered witht he effort of slapping too much on.
Other toiletries you may consider taking are shampoo and conditioner depending on if you want to brave the showers and wash your hair; hairbrush or comb; hairbands can be very useful, cotton buds, possibly a razor or some hair removal cream although I don't bother with that and of course a towel.
1. Underwear - Of course knickers and bras unless you want to wear the same one all weekend.
2. Socks - I take normal socks and thick socks for wellies. Football socks can also be quite useful.
3. Waterproof trousers - These aren't the sexiest or the most fashionable piece of clothing. I only took these because I was working and may have had a night time shift. I wore them once when it hammered it down with rain, then when the sun came out I took them off and was wearing my normal clothes underneath.
4. Waterproof jacket - Essential!!
5. Hat - It can become very cold at night time at festivals.
7. Trousers - I usually take one pair of jeans and never wear them.
8. Shorts - I take a few pairs because I live in shorts at festivals.
9. Leggings - I find it easier to wear leggings and shorts instead of trousers. Leggings are also useful if it's very cold at night and can be worn under pajamas.
10. T-shirts/tops - I usually take the number of t-shirts for the number of days I'm going. Some people only take one or two but I don't want to put on a dirty t-shirt. I usually take one long sleeved shirt then the rest with short sleeves.
11. Hoodies - I take about 3 or 4. Just because if it rained and your hoody gets soaked, it feels awful putting on a cold soaking wet hoody. I sometimes also wear a hoody while sleeping.
12. Plastic ponchos - I love these as they can fit in your pocket and also keep you slightly warm.
13. Pajamas/Onesie - I never take proper pajamas. This year I have a onesie, other years I have worn trackies and a tshirt to sleep in.
14. Bikini - Just in case I want a shower... or if the unexpected happens and it becomes sunny enough.
15. Wellies!! - A must!!
16. Normal shoes - I usually leave these in the car so I have comfy shoes to drive home in.
17. Flipflops - Just in case you use the shower and don't want to walk barefoot in everyone else's grime.
Do you take anything I have missed off the list?
Are you going to any festivals this year?