Sunday 28 December 2014

On Christmas Day, Every Hour Is Happy Hour


 I was very much looking forward to Christmas this year.  I couldn't wait to go home and spend time with my family.  I had a little plan to take a picture every hour, seeing as I tend to take a lot of pictures on Christmas Day, I thought it would be something nice to look back on.  But Christmas Day did not go as planned.

On Christmas Eve I was working until 11PM so by the time I had everything packed and in the car it was midnight.  So excited to be going home I turned the key, and the car wouldn't start.  After turning the key a few more times then some shouting and swearing, I admitted defeat and phoned my parents to say I couldn't make it home.  I was so annoyed!! I hadn't been home in about a month.  What a time for this to happen!! Finally it was decided that my Dad could pick me up on Christmas Day.  So after some more shouting and swearing at my car I unpacked and went in to bed.

The next day, Christmas Day, was strange.  On Christmas Day I have always woken up in my bed at my parents house, then we would all drink tea and open presents. However this Christmas I woke up on my own in my flat, then watched the Gruffalo whilst waiting for my Dad to arrive.  It was a strange feeling.

My Dad finally arrived and he got my car working, so I drove home in my giraffe onesie and made it home about 11AM. Then Christmas Day sort of resumed as normal from then on.
Snapchats of the day.
Finally home in my giraffe onesie by the Christmas tree.
Christmas tree selfie.
I got some cute, cosy slippers.
Christmas dinner and lots of wine.
Time for some games!
Cups of teas and chocolate.
Finally TV and wine to finish off a lovely day.

Hope you all had a nice Christmas!

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that your Christmas didn't go quite to plan, that must have been so frustrating!
    Glad you had a good time in the end. x

    Leanne - A Slice of My Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha you look SO CUTE in your giraffe onesie!! But I'm sorry your Christmas didn't go as planned... cars are great but can really ruin plans! :(

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow i love your style! Wonderful pictures and i love your blog. I followed you, i hope you follow back! Have a nice day!

    Margiessims.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you ended up with your family….it all worked out! yay life!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. Any comments are appreciated :)