Monday 14 December 2015

Eating Healthy Is Boring

A work colleague said to me "eating healthy is boring, you can't do it every day".  I would like to say the complete opposite.  Eating healthy does not have to be boring and you can do it every day if you really want to!!  I am going to prove my colleague wrong and show that you can have an interesting diet which isn't bad for you, and that you can do it every day!  Sure, I like to have the odd chocolate bar or cake now and then, but this is on the very rare occasion!  So every Sunday I am going to document my diet and exercise from the week.

It is my goal to lose a bit of weight, although I'm not interested in weight that much, I just want to look good!

I do sometimes work ridiculous shifts for example I finish work at 2am or start work at 1pm sometimes so my eating pattern may look a little strange

Monday 7th December
Weight: 11 stone
Breakfast: Cup of tea, muesli with almond milk, cup of coffee.
Snack: Belvita breakfast biscuits, milk and cereal flavour.
Lunch: Spinach, carrot, chic peas and tuna.  2 satsumas. Nakd banana crunch bar.
Snack: Banana. Cup of tea.
Exercise: 4 mile run in 43 minutes.
Dinner: Potatoes, carrots and cauliflower.
Snack: Hot chocolate.

Tuesday 8th December
Breakfast: Two cups of tea, pancakes (made from 1 banana & 2 eggs) and nutella.
Snack: Nakd banana crunch bar.
Lunch: Watercress, edamame soya beans, chic peas, red pepper, carrot and tuna.  2 satsumas.
Snack: Nakd banana crunch bar. Cup of tea.
Dinner: Potatoes, mushrooms, avocado.
Exercise: 1 hour pole fitness session.
Snack: Ginger, orange and vanilla tea.

Wednesday 9th December
Breakfast: One cup of tea, pancakes (made from 1 banana & 2 eggs) and peanut butter, cup of coffee.
Exercise: 3 mile run in 30 minutes.
Snack: Redbush tea.
Lunch: Sweet potato, edamame soya beans and mushrooms.  3 satsumas.
Snack: Nakd banana crunch bar.
Dinner: Greek style ginger yogurt with blackberries, pomegranate, linseed and pumpkin seeds. Chai tea.




Thursday 10th December
Breakfast: One cup of tea. Smoothie with blackberries, blueberries, pomegranate, banana, linseed, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, goji berries, chia seeds, ginger yogurt and almond milk.
Snack: Vanilla coffee.
Lunch: Salmon, avocado, watercress, red pepper, tomatoes.
Snack: Green tea.
Dinner: Raw carrot sticks, red pepper, cherry tomatoes.

Friday 11th December
Breakfast: One cup of tea.  Smoothie with blueberries, banana, satsumas, strawberry yogurt, pumpkin seeds and almond milk.
Snack: 2 satsumas.
Lunch: Tuna, watercress, red pepper, cherry tomatoes.
Snack: Banana.  Green tea with mint.
Dinner: Salmon and bread, Christmas dinner, and cheesecake.  Copious amounts of wine. I'm sorry body.  It was my work Christmas party.

Let's not include the weekend.  It consisted of one hungover Saturday, an evening shift, and Christmas drinks Sunday evening.

Weekly progress picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. Any comments are appreciated :)