Saturday 19 December 2015

Five Favourite Christmas Movies

Everyone loves a good Christmas film and everyone has their favourites.  In my mind I had my top five until I started with this list and thought about it properly.  What about The Grinch, The Muppet Christmas Carol, Arthur Christmas, The Holiday, A Christmas Carol, Santa Clause... I didn't realise there were so many! Why are there so many?!  I did manage to come up with my top five.  Then that made me want to have a Christmas move marathon with hot chocolate and mince pies, and I don't even like mince pies!!

5. The Snowman.
Yes I see you rolling your eyes! I don't care.  It's not Christmas without watching the Snowman.  This film has been around at Christmas since I can remember and I think that's why I love it so much, it reminds me of my childhood.  The singing, the boy in his Grandad pyjamas and the snowman with his hat.  I love everything about this film.  It's so cute!!



4. Elf.
What is a Christmas movie list without Elf?!  I haven't even seen this film yet this year, but this is another film I have seen every Christmas for as long as I can remember!  An elf, New York snow and Christmas magic.  What more could you want from a Christmas film?!

3. Love Actually.
What a cute, warm film! This is the sort of movie to watch whilst curled up on the sofa in a onesie, with a hot chocolate and a blanket.  This film captures Christmas in London which makes me want to live there, and it has Hugh Grant in.  Need I say more?

2. Home Alone.
I have watched this film every Christmas since I can remember.  Perhaps this is why I love it so much.  A cute little boy left home alone, snow, big empty house, burglars and the boy getting back at the burglars.  I think everyone must love Home Alone!!

1. The Nightmare Before Christmas.
Is it a Christmas film?  Is it a Halloween film?  Who cares.  It's a brilliant film and my favourite.  First of all the main character is a 'skellington' I mean, that captured my attention firstly.  Then there's the animation and the singing, I love all of the songs.  Then there's phrases like 'And since I am dead, I can take off my head'.  Then there's Sally.  I just love the whole film!!


What is your favourite Christmas film?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. Any comments are appreciated :)