Tuesday 29 December 2015

Thirty before 30: Part II

Last Tuesday I shared with you, the first 15 of thirty things I want to accomplish before the age of thirty, which you can read here.  This is instead of making New Years resolutions.  I am only 25 so it's not like I have to rush to complete these goals, but I'm sure those next four and a half years will creep up on me and I will be 30 before I know it. Scary!

So here is the other 15 goals to complete my list.





  1. Raise £3000 for charity.
    As I have already mentioned, I am running the London marathon in April.  I am running for a charity called Whizz Kidz and aim to raise £1700.  I am getting quite into this fund raising business.  Maybe when I run my next marathon I would like to raise £3000, or maybe I will do another activity and raise £3000.  It would be amazing to raise such a large amount.
  1. Climb up a mountain.
    When I went to Switzerland in July, I was surrounded by mountains.  I got chatting to these guys from America who went up mountains all the time, and their experiences sounded amazing.  Of course, being in Switzerland on my own and having never climbed up a mountain before I didn't take the chance.  But I would love to do this sometime!
  1. Visit Japan.
    Another one on my list of the top five countries I would like to visit.
  1. Go to Thailand.
    Thailand is also on my top 5 list.
  1. Skydive.
    This is something I have always wanted to do!  I am absolutely terrified of heights.  Ask me to walk across a glass bridge?! No way!! Mention bungee jumping and I start quaking in my boots.  But for some reason, skydiving really appeals to me.  I think it would be an exhilarating experience.
  1. See Arctic Monkeys.
    I have loved this band since about the age of 13 or 14.  I have seen every band I ever want to see (I have been to a lot of gigs in my life).  Except the Arctic Monkeys, they are the only band left on this list.
  1. Work in London.
    For some reason, working in London really appeals to me.  In my career, it's not like the job opportunities or experiences are better.  Maybe it's the hustle and bustle of the city.  Maybe I would hate the reality of it.  But I would love to try it.
  1. Host a dinner party.
    I have my first apartment, all to myself.  I own my first dining room table.  What am I waiting for?! Let's get adulting!
  1. Learn to not care what other people think.
    Ten years ago, I probably lived my life based on what I thought other people thought of me.  These days, I really don't care! I just do whatever I want to do.  However I am only 25 and I still do have my moments now and then.  I reckon by the age of thirty, I really will not give a shit.
  1. Take a big road trip.
    I have taken little road trips before.  I think the best was when I drove a few friends to Wales when I was about 20.  I haven't done one since.  Maybe I could take a road trip in the USA! How cool would that be?!



  2. Go to New York for a New Year's Eve.
    I have spent every New Year's Eve of my life here in England.  I love New Year's Eve, there's that special, magical feel about it.  How awesome would it be to spend a New Year's Eve in another country, and how about New York?! That would be amazing!

  3. Own a holiday home.
    I am not sure where I would like to own another property.  Maybe in the UK, maybe outside of the UK.  Who knows.  I just know that I would like to have one.

  4. Get a completely different hair style.
    I have gone from my natural light brown, to a bright shade of red.  I have gone from above the shoulders to waist length.  I have gone from no fringe to side fringe.  However I have now had a similar type of hair style for the last few years, and I think it's time for a change in the next few years.

  5. Backpack.
    I have sort of done this already, but just around Switzerland.  Perhaps that was like a test run for the big, real thing.

  6. Learn to swim.
    Lastly, my final goal, and a very simple one.  Yes, I am 25 years old and I cannot swim.
Honestly, I thought I might struggle a little when making this list, but I found it incredibly easy to think of these goals.  Maybe every year I could review them and cross off the aims I have achieved.  

Do you have any goals to achieve before you hit a certain age?

1 comment:

  1. I think the idea of this article is simply AWESOME !

    Really enjoyed reading it, it was super interesting and I hope you will be able to do all of this :)

    I'm looking forward for your next article.

    Kenza from http://travelwithkenza.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. Any comments are appreciated :)