Friday 1 January 2016

How did 2015 shape up?

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!




I can't believe it's 2016. Wow.  What a year 2015 was! Last night me and my friends were going through the highs and lows of 2015, and I couldn't think of any lows, which is great! Here is a little recap of my year:

The first few months of the year involved living in a tiny room which I hated, with housemates I didn't get along with as they were so dirty and noisy.  I thought I was moving in January so had packed up my belongings but then the date kept getting pushed back, and pushed back further, so I ended up living out of boxes for months wondering if I ever was going to move that year.

In March I went to Disneyland which was a great and magical experience.  I had been once before, about 20 years ago, and it brought back so many memories I thought I had forgotten.  I had the best time.


In April there was a job going at my work for a senior position, so I applied, had the interview, and got the job! The interview was the scariest thing of the whole year, finding out I had gotten the job was one of the most exciting.  Since getting this job I have had great opportunities to train in other areas of my career and learn new skills.

On the 22nd May I finally moved!!  It was the most exciting day of my whole year.  I had bought an apartment and could finally move in to it!  All mine and I didn't have to share one part of it, and I own it!  Massive life event right there.



At the end of May I went to my first festival of the year, Slam Dunk.  I love festivals, and the start of festival season is very exciting for me.  I also got to visit the university I used to attend which was a trip down memory lane!

In July I turned 25.  The dreaded 25.  Halfway to 50.  The next week I went to Switzerland for nearly two weeks, and I went all on my own.  This was a massive life changing experience for me, and it was such an amazing holiday.  I got to meet different people, I got to experience travelling on my own, I gained loads of confidence doing so, and got to explore an amazing country.


August meant Reading Festival where I got to see some great bands, meet new cool people, hang out with my best friend and have a fun time.


In September I got to see the Foo Fighters.  I have wanted to see this band FOREVER and I finally got my chance!! They were amazing, as expected, and I went home happy feeling like my life was complete.

October was the month that I heard the news that I had gotten into the London marathon.  Ermmmmm, help me!!!!  In November I held a pub quiz to raise money for my chosen charity for the marathon.  I had never held a pub quiz before and it was such a massive confidence boost standing in front of all those people with a microphone.  I raised a decent amount of money too.


In December I had my first Christmas in my new apartment.  I can still call it new even though I had now been living here for 7 months!!!  As I work in a hospital there's always a chance that I may be rota'd to work Christmas Day or Boxing Day but this year I had both days off! So I got to drive home and spend the day with my lovely family (my Mum, Dad, brother and Grandad) which was amazing as I don't get to see them that much.


I have had the best year and the most amazing experiences with great people.  2015 beats 2014, and even 2013 by miles.

I have set myself a challenge for 2016 to post a photo every day for a whole year on this page.  Who would like to join me?

How was your 2015?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. Any comments are appreciated :)