Sunday 5 June 2016

May's Adventures

May was a nice month.  I kicked off the 1st May by waking up bright and early to compete in a 5k race.  It wasn't the best I had ever performed but I think that is understandable considering I had just completed London marathon the previous weekend.  The next day I then went on to do Milton Keynes marathon, which was horrendous.  If I learnt anything that day, it's to not run a marathon a week after the last, no matter what your best friend says.



The following weekend saw me get through 22 miles, but this time walking.  My Dad was doing a 120 mile walk and I joined him on day two.  It was the hottest and sweatiest day of the year so far but we did it, even though the last hour seemed like hell.  During the walk we got to make little lamb friends, had a surprise display of the red arrows overhead and it was nice to spend the day with my Dad.



May saw me dress as a cow boy for a friend's fancy dress birthday party.  I do love fancy dress and even if I say so myself, I thought I looked great, and the party was a lot of fun.



At the end of May I did some much needed shopping where we bough so much we struggled to carry it all, and I remembered how much I love fashion.  I went to my first festival of the year.  Bring on festival season!!



In other May news, I questioned my life and started looking for jobs and considering moving out of the area.  Then I realised I actually have a great job with many opportunities where I currently work, that I have built my life up around me in the three years that I have lived here, and decided to stay put.  I then started looking for jobs again (maybe I'm having a quarter life crisis?) thinking about what it would be like to live in a city, move house and work with and meet different people.  I bagged myself two interviews and then decided not to attend either and told myself I would start looking a jobs in August.  Life's a dilemma.  Adult life, huh?

How did your May shape up to be?

2 comments:

  1. wow, your month of May seemed like a very nice one for you.
    I hope you'll have an awesome June as well! :)

    xoxo, rae
    http://www.raellarina.net/

    ReplyDelete
  2. whaaaaaaaat with all the marathon runnings! congratulations though, that's amazing! such an exciting month (and i'm sure all the job hunting will be worth a wait) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. Any comments are appreciated :)